60 County Route 20
or Email Matt or
Chris at Galletta's!
at Galletta's Greenhouses of Oswego, NY!
robust plants that bring a lot of bright color to your garden. They
are rather easy to grow, enjoy sunny locations, and make great
garden-mates for vegetables - as their musky, pungent scent can help
reduce meddlesome insect infestations. They come in assorted colors,
including commonly yellow, orange, orange-and-maroon, and white.
They are also known as a popular flower in religious ceremonies
around the world.
Galletta's grows "Big Headed" African and "Little Headed" French
Marigolds in a large assortment of colors.
Galletta's only grows the highest quality seeds and seedlings.
- Ideal for sunny or half-sunny locations.
- The soil should be well-drained, moist and fertile.
- They tend to like high-calcium, higher pH.
- They do not need regular watering other than during dry
- Try not to water the flower petals directly, as they can
turn mushy and reduce the flower's lifespan. Some species are
tougher to this than others.
- Sunnier areas tend to produce more flowers.
- Shadier areas tend to produce more leaves and taller stalks.
- Careful not to bend the stalks near the flower. If you do,
it is advisable to cut them off.
- Excellent garden-mates for tomato, eggplant, pepper, tobacco
- Add potash fertilizers to prolong the flowering period.
- Pinch off the first flowers before they open. This will lead
to a larger number of flowers.
- Some species are rabbit-, deer- and rodent-resistant.
- They are susceptible to damage by slugs and snails.
- Believed to be good as a topical skin ointment for various
usages, such as sunburn, varicose veins, and even warts.
- Also known by the name Tagetes.
Galletta's is open every day with an annual opening on May 1st
through all Summer long.
the Town of Oswego, New York, USA - just off West 5th Street near
Minetto, and between Fulton and a short drive from the City of Oswego,
Also at Galletta's:
We believe in doing things right for the lowest price possible. That's
why we also sponsor and host Galletta's Go-Karts Karting Club
An economical, non-profit/free, backyard
Go-Karting/Super-Yard Kart Racing Club in
Oswego, NY; founded by multi-time championship karting drivers and
Galletta's Greenhouse family - Matt, Chris, and Wes Stevens. Race every
Sunday all Summer through Fall with us:
Other projects by
Chris @ Galletta's:
Our Go-Kart Hobby Site:
Chris' Children's Book:
Chris' Comic Strip:
(featuring Galletta's Ads!)
Chris' new Graphic Novel:
Chris' Comic Books: